Pages

Monday 11 August 2014

Here Comes The Sun...

So I haven't had time to blog as I worked almost 50 hours last week! As many of you know, as part of my internship, I was helping to organise an arts centre's annual festival. This involved heping with making decor, setting up logistics, programming, marketing among other things. It finally happened on Saturday and was a huge success! The week was stressful but I had lots of fun. It's fair to say that this internship has been amazing, I've really enjoyed it and met some brilliant people. I never want it to end.

Lots of people enjoyed the festival and I've had some great feedback from acts. Of course, there were a few small hiccups but it all got resolved. I've learnt how much I love working with volunteers. They're especially enthusiastic and passionate about what they do and work so hard. We had over 25 acts across 3 stages with incredible decor, much of which was made with a group of adults with learning disabilities.

As far as figures go, we're looking to have raised around £2500 for the arts centre which is incredible and I'm so proud to have been part of such a brilliant day.










If you're looking to check out some new music then I'd definitely recommend some of the artists we had playing: 

Bentcousin

A band from Brighton, this band are really fun. Lyrics which remind me a little of Kate Nash's old stuff. Their energy is contagious and they are just the perfect pop style band to put you in a good mood.

Co-Pilgrim

A band from Oxford who are lovely guys and great musicians. They play lovely pop melodies and have great harmonies. Definitely something to check out if you like bands such as Stornoway or Villagers.

Vienna Ditto

Something really different but really fantastic! Electronica and bluesy. It's quite difficult to describe them but they are definitely worth a listen.

Khamsina

Beautiful lady with a beautiful voice. I could listen to her sing all day. Her music is just lovely and she has incredible stage presence.

So there we have it, the big event of my internship is over and it will all be over in a few weeks. I'm hoping to continue volunteering at the centre when it's done though. Now I have to find a real job. Also got Saturday at Reading festival coming up and The Libertines at Ally Pally. Lots of exciting/scary things to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment